Foam and Bubbles' approach to privacy
- For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, we are the data controller of the personal information we hold about you.
- We do not store credit card details.
- Apart from third parties listed below, we do not share customer details with any other third parties.
Personal information we hold about you
- We collect personal information from you when you voluntarily submit information directly to us or our website. This can include information you provide when you register to use the site, create an account on our site, complete a form, enter competitions through our site, correspond with us, purchase products from the site, subscribe to our email lists or respond to surveys or promotions.
- We also collect personal information indirectly from you such as information about the pages you look at on the site or the device you connect to the site with. We may also collect personal information about you from third parties such as other users of the site.
- We describe the categories of personal information we collect in more detail below:
- Contact details: such as your name, your email address, your telephone number and addresses associated with your account.
- Comments and opinions: such as comments and opinions when you respond to our surveys, competitions and promotions.
- Messages to us or between users: messages you send to us such as email and written correspondence.
- Payment and transaction information: we will keep records of the products and services you purchase from us and the payment method you use for the transaction. We do not store credit card details.
- Your preferences: choices you make such as notification and messaging preferences or choices about how the site is displayed.
- Information about how you use and connect to the online service
- We collect information about how you use the site such as the pages and links you access, the time you access the site and duration you are on it, the website you come to the site from or go to after leaving the site and selections and choices you make when using the site.
- We also collect information about the computer or other electronic devices you use to connect to the site such as details about the type of device (which can include unique device identifying numbers), its operating system, browser and applications connected to the site through the device, your Internet service provider or mobile network, your IP address and your device’s telephone number (if it has one).
- Typically, the information we collect about how you use or connect to the site is associated with your device and not you as a named individual. However, if you are logged into a registered account this information may also be associated with you directly.
- Information about your location: Other than information you choose to provide to us, we do not collect information about your precise location. Your device’s IP address may help us determine an approximate location but this will be no more precise than the city, state or country you are using your device in.
- Information about the location of purchases: We will display a catalogue image of any purchase through our site on a searchable map as a way of showing the approximate location of the delivery address you give when making a purchase. We do not disclose any personally identifiable information on our map and only display our catalogue image of the purchase you made by reference to the postcode of the delivery address.
- Information provided by other organisations: Other organisations may provide information that we associate with you where they are lawfully permitted to share it, such as contact details, demographic data, or Internet navigation information.
- Information from fraud and crime prevention organisations: If fraudulent or other criminal activity is suspected relating to your account, we may be provided with information by credit reference, fraud and crime prevention organisations.
How we use your information
We will also use your personal information for the purposes specifically described below:
- Contact details: we will use your contact details so that we can communicate with you directly about the products we sell and the service we provide and about queries, issues or concerns you or other users have. We may also use your contact details to send you information about products and services that may be of interest to you (such communications will be in accordance with your marketing preferences).
- Comments and opinions: We will use your comments and opinions to determine products and services that may be of interest to you .
- Payment and transaction information: We may use the history of your transactions with us to determine products and services that may be of interest to you.
- Your preferences: we will use your preference settings for the purpose of providing notifications, messages, displaying the site and following other choices you are able to make about how the site is displayed to you.
- Information about how you use and connect to the online service: we use this information to present the site to you on your device. We will also use this information to determine topics, products and services that may be of interest to you.
- Information about your location: we may use an approximate location to ensure content on the site is relevant to the city, state or country you are using your device in. We will not collect or track your exact location without your consent.
- Information about the location of purchases: we use this information to show what types of purchases are being made in a particular area on a searchable map and to allow users to contact other users about their purchasers either directly through Unboxed or through us depending on your preferences.
- Information about fraudulent or criminal activity relating to your account: we will use information about fraudulent or criminal activity relating to your account for the purposes of preventing fraud or crime.
- All personal information: will use all the personal information we collect to: (i) monitor and improve the site and our procedures and processes; and (ii) to help us develop new products and services. Our use of your personal information in this way will not result in information that was not previously publicly available being made public on the site. We will also not use information about fraudulent or criminal activity relating to your account in the development of new products and services.
We may anonymise and aggregate any of the information we collect (so that it does not directly identify you). We may use anonymised information for purposes that include testing our IT systems, research, data analysis, improving the site, developing new products and features or displaying information about the purchases made via our site such as the most popular purchases or purchases based on an approximate location.
Information we share with third parties
We may share your personal information with the following parties:
- Service providers and advisors: third parties who provide a service to us, for example, we use a third party delivery service to deliver any products you buy to your address. These third parties will only be allowed to use your personal information in accordance with our instructions and will be required to keep your information secure.
- Purchasers of our business: personal information may be disclosed or transferred to buyers or prospective buyers of our business or any of our assets as part of the sale.
- Law enforcement, regulators and other parties for legal reasons: third parties who we are under a legal obligation to disclose your personal information to or who we need to disclose your personal information to protect our rights, property or safety or the rights, property or safety of others, detect and investigate illegal activities and breaches of any agreement we have with you.
- We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to anyone else except as set out above. We may provide third parties with aggregate statistical information and analytics about users of the site but we will make sure no one can be identified from this information before we disclose it.
Marketing and advertising
- Email Marketing – From time to time we may contact you by email with information about our products and services. If you do not want us to send you email marketing, please let us know by sending an email to us at email@example.com . You can also unsubscribe from our marketing emails by clicking on the unsubscribe link (where available) in the emails we send to you.
- Email Notifications About Your Order or Changes to the Services We Provide – We may send you email notifications when in relation to your order or changes to the way we provide our services to you.
- Advertising on the Site and other Websites – We, or our advertising partners, may show advertisements to you on our site or on other websites. To do this we, or our advertising partners, may collect information about how you use the site or the types of other web pages, content and ads you, or others who are using the device you connect to the site, interact with, visit or view. The information collected might also include the IP address of the device you connect to the site. We, or our advertising partners, use the information that is collected to make sure adverts you see either on the site or other websites or apps (where our partners have advertising space) are more relevant to you.
The techniques our advertising partners use recognise the device you are using but are not aimed at you as a named individual. Typically cookies and similar technologies are used to provide this type of advertising. You can find out more about cookies and how to manage their use by reading our Cookies Policy .
Storing and transferring your personal information
- Cookies and Local Storage: we may store information (which may include personal information) locally on your device using cookies and other browser and application storage methods. For further information please see our Cookies Policy
Accessing your personal information
If there is information you would like to access, please contact us using the contact details set out in the “Contact us” section below. Please provide as much information as you can about the information you are looking for and we will be happy to try and help you find it.
Links to third party sites
The site may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites of our partner networks, advertisers, partner merchants, news publications, retailers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. Please check the individual policies before you submit any information to those websites
Changes to this policy
Notice to you